1950 South Academy Dr.
Melbourne, FL 32901
Call admissions department for current tuition.
Florida Air Academy is both a boarding school and private day school for boys. Our tradition of military academy excellence and college prep standards is strict and demanding enough to challenge and mold all of our students.
Admission to Florida Air Academy comes after a formal review process by the Admissions Committee. Candidates are expected to show evidence of sound moral, mental and physical traits. Grades and transcripts from previous schools will determine eligibility for enrollment, as well as letters of reference.
A visit to the campus for a personal interview is strongly suggested, although it is not required. Admissions Department personnel are available for campus tours seven days a week by appointment.
Acceptance Into Florida Air Academy Is Based On The Following Criteria:
An applicant's proven academic ability or potential
His willingness to take advantage of the academic, leadership, athletic, and social opportunities which will be made available to him at the Academy
His openness to interact with other students from widely diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
His desire to conform to Florida Air Academy's Cadet Honor Code which states that, "A cadet will not lie, cheat, or steal."
To emphasize mutual respect and personal responsibility in order to focus on student success within our college preparatory and military academy tradition.
At Florida Air Academy, We Believe:
Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
• In teaching and exemplifying cooperation, integrity, honesty, ambition, charity, courtesy, respect and responsibility.
• A commitment to continuous improvement is imperative for our school to enable students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.
• In working to instill a sense of integrity and self-worth in each student.
• In teaching better study habits, organization skills, social skills, and the importance of good grades and proper behavior.
• Students learn responsibility by making their own decisions and realizing that they must live with the consequences.
• In preparing students for life by helping them develop character and become good citizens.
• Students learn best when they are actively engaged.
• Positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students, faculty and staff enhance a student's self-esteem.
• Students should demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
• Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
When students aren’t studying, there’s still plenty to do. On the weekends, there are trips to local and Orlando area attractions, shuttles to the local mall and movie theater, and several dances at FAA throughout the year. Students can also join one of the numerous clubs on campus, which are sponsored by members of the FAA staff and faculty.
With so much activity, there’s always something for a student to do when he’s not busy.
• Melbourne Beaches
• Kennedy Space Center
• Walt Disney World, EPCOT, Universal Studios, Wet & Wild, Sea World, Busch Gardens
• Orlando Magic Basketball
• Grad Nite for Seniors at Walt Disney World
• Clubs like skateboarding, remote controlled airplane, model rocketry on campus, in addition to many others
Florida Air Academy’s philosophy pertaining to leadership is a very simple one. The Academy believes that every cadet has the potential to be a leader, whether in the classroom, on the parade ground, or on the athletic field. We strive to provide every opportunity for each cadet to experience the exhilaration and esteem-building possibilities of being placed in leadership situations. This life-altering experience is accomplished under the watchful eye and close guidance of FAA’s experienced faculty and staff. Many of our cadets are themselves surprised at their rapid rise in rank and position within the Corps of Cadets utilizing natural leadership ability that was cultivated and refined at FAA.
Financial awards are available to students who consistently maintain a place on the Honor Roll or President’s List.
Limited financial assistance for tuition is available based on specific circumstances. All requests must be submitted to the Admissions Department, as well as the School and Student Services, Inc.(SSS)
The Academy reserves the right to make all final decisions regarding assistance.
We would be happy to send you an application. For More Information concerning Admissions, please email an Admissions Officer
Want to experience something truly unique and exciting? Explore the world of flight training at Florida Air Academy! Whether you're interested in learning about a future career in aviation or developing a fascinating new hobby, our extensive program has something for everyone.
Our unique Space Coast location offers young men a different kind of classroom. With Kennedy Space Center, Patrick Air Force Base, and Melbourne International Airport just minutes away from campus, students can see and hear aviation come to life in the form of a shuttle launch and the unmistakable roar of an F-16.
Florida Air Academy is proud to offer these optional programs which are suited to the aspirations of any young man. Designed to meet the needs of the individual, our programs teach not only the basics of aviation, but responsibility and decision making skills as well.